" . . and when you have given up everything to make a friend a cup of tea
and tend her broken heart, stood up against the violation of innocent
children & their fathers & mothers, made conscious choices to live simply
& honor the earth, your steps will be lighter.
When you have grown still on purpose while everything around you
is asking for chaos, you will find the doors between every room of this interior castle thrown open, the path home to your true love unobstructed after all."
st teresa of avila
We are all in a state of extreme discomfort, whether it is the discomfort of tragedy close to home or the tragedy that exists in our hearts when we feel helpless, helpless to help, powerless. Unfortunately or fortunately we have designed our current information systems so that we can be so much closer together than ever before, news updated as we are reading/watching ~ as mentioned in the previous post, it is impossible to keep up with the information presented, physically, spiritually, emotionally impossible to keep up with what is happening in the world at this moment.
It is important to realize that at this moment in history we MUST stay with ourselves and by this I mean that we must accept our situation, whatever this situation is ~ whether it be homeless & lost & without food in Japan, or secure here in the United States with the potential paralysis of heartbreak. We must be where we are. Our strength in unity at this time (and this is what we need on the planet is STRENGTH IN UNITY) will rely on how we conduct ourselves at this important juncture.
It is our resistance to the speed of this time that causes our suffering. It is our attachment to all that has come before that brings our heartbreak. I am not discounting the compassion we have, that we feel in every cell in our beings when we see another person suffer. Yes, this is real. But like the waves of the tsunami itself, we must courageously release & be present, for ourselves & those around us. Open, soft hearts. Present. No fear, or if you must, stretch into your fear as you would in a yoga pose, into the ache of you, opening, opening.
There is really no saying how these small movements inside of you will affect the planet. It has been clear from many prophecies, that it is important to remain calm, to remain joyful, to remain creative.
"Remain true to yourself as well as to the beauty revealed. Retain your personal integrity even in the moment where you are most fully immersed, having plunged deeply and swiftly into the water of experience. Don’t drown in your imaginings, stay aware of what you are accepting into yourself and why. You can swim with the river’s current without dissolving into it" ~ Hillary Barrett
What you can do:
The practical ~
1. If you have the means to give money, the Red Cross is always the safest bet. There are many, many small agencies & individuals who mean well & organize efforts in these states of emergency but it is very, very difficult to administer aid in such deep crisis. The Red Cross has the most experience in this area & has had very few, if any, integrity issues in the past. Their minimum donation is $10.
2. A friend of mine in San Francisco with a lot of family in Japan put out a request today for people (not on the West Coast) to purchase any/all Potassium Iodide tablets (you can get these at health food stores, CVS etc, Army/Navy stores, some hardware stores) in order to help protect or at least supplement immune systems exposed to unsafe levels of radiation. Her email is email@example.com & she will be expecting you.
For YOU (& through you):
Here are my personal recommendations to assist in the upgrade of consciousness that is happening at this time & to support those working to assist the planet who are in your social circles ~ KEEP YOUR ENERGY AS LIGHT & FLUID AS POSSIBLE>
1. Stay centered, continue your exercise & stress reduction practices, eat well, eat light, drink water, sleep, rest, stay strong. You are needed. Grounding our bodies to the Earth to help stabilize and strengthen our nervous and psychic systems will help to more comfortably acclimate to these new energies.
2. Do not buy into the fear. If that means not watching news or reading the paper, or at least limiting that, so be it. It is ESSENTIAL THAT WE NOT SOLIDIFY FEAR. While keeping your heart open & soft to those suffering, keep an image in your mind or physically on your person that reminds you that you are a loved & brings a smile.
3. Witness. Do not attach. Always maintain the witnessing perspective, which allows one to never take anything personally, no matter what is going on.
4. Accept everything just as it is in the moment. We cannot change what has already happen. Resentment, blame (no matter how warranted) & resistance creates suffering (also solidifies). Our true power lies in how we choose to respond & move with what we are feeling & perceiving.
5. Despite how counterintuitive this may seem, be grateful for this opportunity for healing, be grateful for this opportunity to come together.
Sending much love to you.